The Estill Course was far and away the most in depth, revealing, educational and inspiring vocal study I have ever done in my 20 years of singing.
Jenny’s teaching was so clear and her delivery of the knowledge, though dense, was broken down to be incredibly digestible. I found the methods, techniques and information to be a revelation: it made me emotional at times, to think of the vocal relief and improvements I can now make for my singing and my vocal health, a career-long struggle for me.
Thank you Jenny and thank you Jo Estill!
Highly recommended and I intend to go much deeper into the wonderful world of Estill.Ella Hooper
How Does My Voice Work?
3 hour introductory, interactive workshop covering:
- How voice is produced
- Basic anatomical structures in the vocal tract
- How sound changes for different voice qualities
- Introduction and explanation of Estill Voice Training – Figures and Voice Qualities
- Opportunity for questions and discussion
Next “How Does My Voice Work?” will be in HOBART, on May 4th, 2019.
Estill for Voice Remediation
Estill Levels 1 & 2 specifically and exclusively for ENTs, Speech Pathologists and Speech Pathology Students.
If you are interested in this course click here.
3 hour introductory, interactive workshop for choristers and choral directors
Next Crash-Hot Choristers! is in HOBART, TASMANIA! Saturday, May 4, 2019, 2 – 5pm. Cost $80.
The Full Estill Course
Level 1, Figures for Voice
Level 2, Figure Combinations for Voice Qualities
- 5 days
- Essential first steps in understanding the techniques
- Figures for Voice Control – independent voluntary control of discrete structures of the vocal tract
- Once mastered, these Figures become the basis for producing reliable specific vocal maneouvres
- Voice Qualities – Speech, Twang(nasal & clear), Falsetto, Sob/Cry, Opera, Belting
This course is exactly what I’ve been looking for! It’s turned my idea of what I can do on its head and blasted open so many possibilities and new understandings. The scientific explanations were placed in a practical context every step of the way.
Figure Focus Groups
These are small discussion groups for Estill practice. More Information
- Workshops from 1 – 3 days for those who have already completed Estill Levels 1 & 2
- Practical applications of all techniques applicable to spoken and sung repertoire including classical, contemporary and music theatre
- Specific application of Estill Figures to different styles of singing
- Permutations of Basic Voice Qualities in Belting, Music Theatre, Opera etc
Estill Course Review
- 2-day Intensive Workshop including a review of Level 1 Figures for Voice, and ideal for those wishing to work towards a Certificate of Figure Proficiency.
Next Estill Course Review – 10am – 4pm, Saturday July 27 & Sunday July 28, 2019
Jenny is available for one-to-one lessons in vocal technique, remediation for injured or strained voices, or for anyone who would like to improve their singing. Anyone can sing – you just need to learn how to do it!
“Everyone has a beautiful voice” – Jo Estill