The Estill Course was far and away the most in depth, revealing, educational and inspiring vocal study I have ever done in my 20 years of singing.
Jenny’s teaching was so clear and her delivery of the knowledge, though dense, was broken down to be incredibly digestible. I found the methods, techniques and information to be a revelation: it made me emotional at times, to think of the vocal relief and improvements I can now make for my singing and my vocal health, a career-long struggle for me.
Thank you Jenny and thank you Jo Estill!
Highly recommended and I intend to go much deeper into the wonderful world of Estill.Ella Hooper
3 hour introductory, interactive workshop for choristers and choral directors
Next Crash-Hot Choristers! will be in Melbourne on October 20th, 2019.
Estill Level 1 & 2 Courses – 2019
September 23 – 27, 2019
This course is now at capacity! The next Estill course is January 20 – 24, 2020.
If you would like to reserve a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Estill Course Review
- 2-day Intensive Workshop including a review of Level 1 Figures for Voice, and ideal for those wishing to work towards a Certificate of Figure Proficiency.
Next Estill Course Review – 2020
Figure Focus Groups
These are small discussion groups for Estill practice. More Information
- Workshops from 1 – 3 days for those who have already completed Estill Levels 1 & 2
- Practical applications of all techniques applicable to spoken and sung repertoire including classical, contemporary and music theatre
- Specific application of Estill Figures to different styles of singing
- Permutations of Basic Voice Qualities in Belting, Music Theatre, Opera etc
How Does My Voice Work?
3 hour introductory, interactive workshop covering:
- How voice is produced
- Basic anatomical structures in the vocal tract
- How sound changes for different voice qualities
- Introduction and explanation of Estill Voice Training – Figures and Voice Qualities
- Opportunity for questions and discussion
Next “How Does My Voice Work?” will be later in 2019.
Estill for Voice Remediation
Estill Levels 1 & 2 specifically and exclusively for ENTs, Speech Pathologists and Speech Pathology Students.
If you are interested in this course click here.
The Full Estill Course
Level 1, Figures for Voice
Level 2, Figure Combinations for Voice Qualities
- 5 days
- Essential first steps in understanding the techniques
- Figures for Voice Control – independent voluntary control of discrete structures of the vocal tract
- Once mastered, these Figures become the basis for producing reliable specific vocal maneouvres
- Voice Qualities – Speech, Twang(nasal & clear), Falsetto, Sob/Cry, Opera, Belting
This course is exactly what I’ve been looking for! It’s turned my idea of what I can do on its head and blasted open so many possibilities and new understandings. The scientific explanations were placed in a practical context every step of the way.
Jenny is available for one-to-one lessons in vocal technique, remediation for injured or strained voices, or for anyone who would like to improve their singing. Anyone can sing – you just need to learn how to do it!
“Everyone has a beautiful voice” – Jo Estill